This festive season, throw the rule book out the window and pair our Meta Grenache with our Turkey and Asparagus feast!
Our vibrant, fruit driven Grenache drinks beautifully when served slightly chilled
This food pairing has been tried tested using amazing local produce sourced from the Barossa Valley. Quick simple, and can be served with all your favourite holiday sides!
Place potatoes onto plate and top with asparagus spears, slice the turkey breasts across the grain into 1–2cm thick slices and place onto the asparagus. Spoon the cherry sauce around the base of the turkey and serve.
- 4 boneless Turkey breasts (or Chicken if you can not find fresh Turkey breast)
- Spray extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, skin off and finely chopped
- 6 medium sized Colbain potatoes or similar, (peeled and cut in quarters)
- 16 asparagus stalks, trimmed
- 200ml chicken stock mixed with 100ml Meta Grenache
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger 1
- 50g fresh de-stoned cherries
- 1 tbsp cornflour, dissolved in a ¼ cup chicken stock
- Salt and white pepper – to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes, in a single layer, on a large baking tray. Spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Trim the turkey breasts of all visible fat; seal them in a very hot, heavy based pan with a film of oil in it, skin side first and then the flesh side. Lift from pan and sit on the bed of the finely diced onion, in a small baking pan.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove the turkey from the baking tray and place the tray onto the cooktop, deglaze pan with stock and red wine, simmer for 5–8 minutes or until reduced. Tip in the ginger and cherries and cook for a couple of minutes. Remove from heat – stir in the cornflour, salt and white pepper to taste and return to heat to thicken.
- To blanch asparagus spears, add to a pan of boiling water. A frying pan is best as the spears will fit easily. Cook for 2 minutes or until bright green. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Place potatoes onto plate and top with asparagus spears, slice the turkey breasts across the grain into 1–2cm thick slices and place onto the asparagus. Spoon the cherry sauce around the base of the turkey and serve.